Prepping your lashes for eyelash extensions is just as important as the after-care. Prepping will help prolong the life of your eyelash extensions. Some things you can do:
· Remove all eye makeup with a mild, oil free cleanser. Do not show up to your appointment with any eye makeup. It is advised to have a clean face as you cannot get your lashes wet for the first 24-48 hours.
· If you wear contact lenses, please refrain from wearing them to your appointment. The fumes from the glue may get trapped in the lenses and cause minor irritation.
· Wear comfortable clothing, this is a time for you to relax and maybe even take a nap.
· Please use the bathroom before you lay down, as this service can take up to 2 hours.
After the service here are some steps to follow to ensure your lashes last as long as possible.
· Do not get lashes wet for the first 24 – 48 hours. Avoid hot baths and hot tubs.
· Avoid using oil-based products on or around the eye area. This includes eye creams.
· Do not get lashes tinted or permed while extensions are on.
· Do not use a regular or heated eyelash curler, this will melt the lashes and cause harm to your natural lashes.
· Do not apply mascara to your lashes, this will ruin them and cause harm to your natural lashes.
· Wash your lashes regularly, your technician will supply you with an at home recipe for lash shampoo upon your first session. Your technician will go over the cleansing procedure.
· Avoid rubbing your eyes. Use the clean mascara wand your technician provides you to comb them out as needed.
· Avoid saunas, hot yoga, hot tubs, tanning beds, chemical peels, waxing or laser treatments around the eyes while wearing eyelash extensions.
· Do not try to remove extensions on your own, if you no longer wish to have them please contact your technician and have them professionally removed.
· Do not cut your eyelash extensions.
· Avoid sleeping on your stomach, and be aware that sleeping on your side may result in weaker retention and cause tangling.
· Try to keep longer hair away from your face as this may cause lashes to become itchy and irritated.
Pre-care is designed to limit bleeding and skin sensitivities during the service. If you have excessive bleeding the technician will stop immediately and only proceed once you have been cleared by your doctor.
· Avoid working out 24 hours before procedure.
· Avoid alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before procedure, including decaf coffee and tea, this can cause thinning of the blood.
· Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
· Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
· Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, Nutritional Shakes, or any other supplements 48 hours prior to your appointment.
· Discontinue Retin-A, Chemical and Laser Peels, microdermabrasion, and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) at least 6 weeks prior to your appointment.
· Avoid listed products above on eyebrow area after service to prevent premature fading and discolouration.
· Botox and filler on the forehead, temple, and around the eye area should be avoided 1 month prior to your appointment.
· No brow waxing, tinting, or threading one week prior and during the 4-6 week healing time.
Please Note: If you have any medical conditions resulting in prescribed medication you will be asked to provide a doctor’s note clearing you to proceed with the service. If you have any questions about this please contact the technician before consultation.
After care is very important. It can reduce risk of infection, and decrease healing time.
· Avoid water for 5 hours after treatment, gently clean the area with a very small amount of sterile water on a cotton pad, just barely damp, NOT wet. Pat dry with a clean towel or paper towel Avoid excessive sweating, exercising, swimming, hot saunas, hot tubs direct sunlight and tanning beds for the first 7-10 days.
· Clean the area up to two times a day with luke warm water and pat to dry. DO NOT rub.
· At no point should you touch your brows with dirty hands as this can cause infection.
· When showering try to avoid putting your face in the stream of water. They can get wet but remember to pat dry with a clean paper towel after.
· Avoid laser or chemical treatments or peelings, creams containing Retin-A or Glycolic Acid on the face or neck as this may cause discolouration in the pigment.
· Do not pick, peel, or scratch the brow area during the healing process, as this can cause scarring and removal of the pigment.
· Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape-design is recommended only after 4-6 weeks. If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the skin please contact your technician.
· Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post-microblading procedure. However, experience has shown that by following these after-care instructions, these symptoms may quickly disappear.
Your technician will go over the Aftercare with you so if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.